Book Club Questions
- How would you survive in a world where sugar was illegal and baking was a crime?
- Do you believe that sugar and fat are addictive? If so, do you think they should be illegal like drugs? Should we limit access and put in restrictions on how much people can eat?
- How would you feel if you had to attend mandatory exercise classes?
- What do you think the government’s role should be in what we eat and how much we exercise?
- Would you join the Cut The Apron Strings rebellion? If so, what frayed item would you wear?
- How do you think peer pressure and shame impact the way we live today? Would a trip to the Shame Box stop you from breaking the rules?
- What would you miss most if sugar, fat, alcohol and cigarettes were banned?
- Which character do you most identify with?
- Olivia finds comfort in baking, Alice likes to shop and Danny goes on social media. What do you do? Is it relaxation or numbing?
- If you marched on Trafalgar Square with CTAS, what would you bake?